Over the years our consultants have written, created and provided a wide range of training courses and training packages to some of the UK, European and US owned leading blue chip companies.
They have provided training to everyone from European and UK based Health and Safety Directors, Health and Safety Managers, UK and European based Engineering and Project Managers, Project Engineers and a wide range of client front line staff such as Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Engineers, Production Supervisors and Machine Operators.
Starting in April 2018 we are now providing our four day machinery safety and compliance training course through the National Fluid Power Centre – the UK’s centre of excellence for all things pneumatic and hydraulic, as well as our course on the PUWER assessment of machinery, with further courses to be added later in the year – you can book direct with the NFPC on 01909 504700 or take a look at their website: nfpc.co.uk
We have a modular training package which can be configured to suit your own needs, or we can work with the client if you there is a bespoke requirement or need for specific training – for example, on a specific ‘type C’ standard for a machine or machines the client operates.
Our courses are operated on a highly interactive basis, and fully involve those attending. Additionally, during the training we always try to spend time in the client’s production areas to identify and look at real examples of where the training we have provided can be applied to the client’s own real-world applications, scenarios and situations.
Clients can choose from the following modules / sections of our training offer, but please bear in mind some modules are more detailed and last longer than others depending upon the topic being provided – please contact us for more information:
- The CE Marking of Machinery.
- The Principles of Risk Assessment of Machinery.
- The PUWER Assessment of Machinery.
- IEC 60204-1 Safety of machinery – Electrical equipment of machines – General requirements.
- EN ISO 4414 Pneumatic fluid power – General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components.
- EN ISO 4413 Hydraulic fluid power – General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components.
- EN ISO 13849-1 Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems – General principles for design.
- EN ISO 14120 Safety of machinery – Guards. General requirements for the design and construction of fixed and movable guards.
- EN ISO 14119 Safety of machinery – Interlocking devices associated with guards – Principles for design and selection.
- EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery – Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs.
- EN 349 Safety of machinery – Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body (merging with ISO 13854 soon).
- EN 574 Safety of machinery – Two-hand control devices – Principles for function and design (merging with ISO 13851 soon).
- EN ISO 13855 Safety of machinery – Positioning of safeguards with respect to the approach speeds of parts of the human body.
- EN ISO 13850 Safety of machinery – Emergency stop function – Principles for design.
- EN ISO 14118 Safety of machinery – Prevention of unexpected start-up (was EN 1037 up to January 2018).
- EN 13985 Machine tools. Safety – Guillotine shears.
- EN 16500 Machines for compacting waste materials or recyclable fractions – Vertical baling presses – Safety requirements.
- EN 16252 Machines for compacting waste materials or recyclable fractions – Horizontal baling presses – Safety requirements.
- EN 16486 Machines for compacting waste materials or recyclable fractions – Compactors – Safety requirements.
- EN 1010-1 Safety of machinery – Safety requirements for the design and construction of printing and paper converting machines common requirements.
- EN 1010-5 Safety of machinery – Safety requirements for the design and construction of printing and paper converting machines – Machines for the production of corrugated board and machines for the conversion of flat and corrugated board.